Academic publication bursary
Offer of a bursary for an academic publication (book chapter or scientific article) related to the UNIE-LGBTQ project. The deadline for submitting an application is February 28 of each year. A minimum of three bursaries of $3000 are available each year. There are two contests each year, and the application deadlines are always:
- February 28th
- September 30th
This bursary aims at promoting the publication of academic articles as part of the UNIE-LGBTQ partnership project and at promoting publication of scientific articles by students as first authors.
To submit your application
- Be an undergraduate or graduate student at one of the universities of the UNIE-LGBTQ project (Université du Québec à Montréal, Université du Québec en Outaouais, Université Laval, University of Ottawa, York University, McGill University, TÉLUQ, Université d’Angers, Université de Genève, Université Libre de Bruxelles).
- Work with a co-investigator of the UNIE-LGBTQ team at your university.
- The student must be first author of the article.
- The article may be submitted in English or French. A publication in another language may also be considered.
- Half of the bursary will be paid at the time it is awarded, the second half will be paid once the article has been accepted for evaluation by a journal.
- The bursary may be combined with other bursaries.
- A summary of the publication project (including a short summary of the planned article, and putting forth the relevance to the UNIE-LGBTQ project as well as the title of the intended journal).
- A curriculum vitae.
- An academic transcript indicating the candidate’s cumulative average (photocopies and online transcripts are accepted).
- If you do not explain how your application meets the criteria, it could be refused.
- A recommendation letter from the UNIE-LGBTQ investigator, including a description of how they will support the candidate throughout the article publication process.
- Excellence in the candidate’s academic record
- Publication potential
- Relevance to the UNIE-LGBTQ project
Application submission and information
Send your application file to the following email address:
For more information: